Sunday, October 09, 2005

A twist on a technology career

Being employed in the technology arena, I tend to get very focused on it and all of the things surrounding it. (It probably doesn't hurt that it's fun and a hobby for me too ;-)

However, I have a friend that started out in Civil Engineering, wound up as a "LAN" Administrataor, network admin and eventually a manager at a technology firm. Very sharp guy. However he surprised the heck out of me when he told me that he was diversifying his hobbies into stained glass!

Anywho, I was out on his site this morning and saw some very beautiful pieces! They were really examples of hands that can build a pc or a server or a network infrastructure finding something creative to do that expresses an artistic side of him, that I knew was there, but didn't know the extent!

I was impressed, not by just the pieces, but even the settings that he chose to display them in! From all impressions he has also unintentionally captured the beauty of Michigan's different seasons in the backgrounds that fill out the life in his stained glass. Displaying his work in use at a dinner table also brings out a delectable and fashionable dining experience. This one here, Strawberries, made me want to reach out into the computer screen and take a bite.

Here are some of the pieces I really enjoyed that I thought bring out some life of their own. The names are mine, so if you send them an e-mail wanting to buy a piece or have one custom made, make sure you use the photo number or their headings to let them know! ;-)

Reflection
Note the person and trees in the background that make this piece feel alive.
Winter
Winter2
SummerRain
Monogram Fall
WinterSunshine

So, those are just some of my favorites; beautiful artwork framed by nature's beauty! I hope you enjoy it too!

No comments: